Shirley & Gary Cox's Creamy Pasta Primavera
13WHAM's Alexis Arnold visited with Debbie Maruke, executive chef at The Summit at Brighton, and residents Shirley and Gary Cox to make Creamy Pasta Primavera.
Creamy Pasta Primavera Recipe
Serves: Serves 4
•1 pound Pasta cooked al dente
•½ small yellow onion, thinly sliced
•¾ cup fresh peas (you can use frozen peas)
•1 cup chopped asparagus
•2 lg garlic cloves,
•1 cup heavy whipping cream
•½ cup grated Parmesan and Romano blend cheese
•Salt and black pepper
•Butter for cooking
Fresh Basil, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
2. Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat and add a couple of tablespoons of oil.
3. Add onions and sauté until transparent.
4. Add peas and asparagus. Sauté until asparagus starts to soften. Add in garlic and season with some salt and pepper. Mix well and cook veggies for about 5 more minutes.
5. Pour in heavy cream while stirring. Add shaved Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
6. Stir in pasta until completely mixed in and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Chop basil and stir it in right before taking the pan off heat.
8. Serve and enjoy.