Wayne County Apple Tours
The 19th year of the Wayne County Apple Tour runs throughout the month of October, with a "Tasting Weekend" happening from October 7 - 10, Columbus Day Weekend.
Wayne County Tourism partners with 12 local businesses to host the tour, including farms, farm markets, wineries and a distillery. Visitors can download a tour map here, or pick up a copy at any tour stop. For each stop they visit, they can collect a stamp on the map and at the end of the month, mail it in to be entered to win a gift basket.
Fans of the Facebook Page are also given the chance participate in an online contest every week in September, for the chance to win a $20 Gift Card for use at one of the businesses on the Apple Tasting Tour.
The 12 Apple Tasting Tour stops include:
- Apple Country Spirits, 3274 Eddy Road, Williamson
- Apple Town Farm Market, 4734 Route 104, Williamson
- Brownell's Farm Market, 5247 East Lake Road, Williamson
- Burnaps Farm Market & Garden Café, 7277 Maple Avenue, Sodus
- Lagoner Farm Market & Embark Craft Ciderworks, 6895 Lake Avenue, Williamson
- Long Acre Farms & JD Wine Cellars, 1342 Eddy Road, Macedon
- Morgan’s Farm Market, 3821 Cory Corners Road, Marion
- Mackquinle Farm, 5630 Norris Rd, North Rose, 315-573-2951
- Orbaker’s Fruit Farm, 3451 Lake Road, Williamson
- The Apple Shed, 3391 Fairville-Maple Ridge Rd, Newark
- Thorpe Vineyard, 8150 Chimney Heights Boulevard, Wolcott
- Young Sommer Winery, 4287 Jersey Road, Williamson
Director of Tourism for Wayne County Tourism Christine Worth, and General Manager of The Apple Shed, Jessica Wells were in studio to share more about the tours this month.