Bob Johnson Chevrolet's Big Game Challenge Contest Rules
Congratulations to Barry A. of Webster. He has won $100 in Mark's Pizzeria Gift Certificates!
WHAM / BOB JOHNSON CHEVROLET'S BIG GAME CHALLENGE
LOCAL UPICKEM PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL BIG GAME CHALLENGE –
LOCAL RULES SUPPLEMENT
Contest: WHAM / Bob Johnson Chevrolet's Big Game Challenge
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WHAM
Station Address: WHAM, 4225 West Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623
Contest Area: New York Counties: Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne and Yates
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Sponsor(s): Bob Johnson Chevrolet
Prize Provider(s): Mark's Pizzeria
Contest Period: January 22, 2018 to February 4, 2018
Predictions Due: 6:25 PM EST on February 4, 2018
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per UPICKEM account.
Number of Winners Based on Scoring Results: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100) gift certificate to Mark's Pizzeria.
Station’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/13wham
Station’s Website: http://13wham.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://13wham.com/station/terms
UPICKEM’s National Official Contest Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
UPICKEM is a national online game being sponsored and promoted by Second Street Media, Inc. dba UPICKEM (hereafter, “UPICKEM”) and a number of television stations located in different cities (please review UPICKEM’s Official National Contest Rules). In addition to the national game conducted by UPICKEM, the Station will have a single Grand Prize Winner from among eligible participants who reside in the Contest Area and enter via the Station’s Website or the Station’s Facebook Page.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, participants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Participate
1. To enter, log onto the Station’s Website, or Facebook users can log onto the Station’s Facebook Page, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Register for this contest by entering your name, address, phone number, and birth date, together with responses to all informational questions included in the registration process, predictions, and the tie breaker question. Predictions may be made beginning anytime during the Contest Period, up until 6:25 p.m. EST on February 4, 2018.
2. A participant will be disqualified if they are found to have entered the contest more than once under separate e-mail accounts.
Scoring and Winning
1. Following the professional football championship game during the Contest Period, participants will receive a pre-determined number of points for each correct prediction.
2. At the end of the Contest Period, the one (1) participant with the most points will win the grand prize. In the event of a tie, one grand prize winner will be determined by UPICKEM’s tie breaking procedures described in UPICKEM’s Official National Contest Rules.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible participants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. In the event a participant in the contest disputes the points that such participant receives for any week of the contest, that participant must notify the Company in writing of such dispute within five (5) days of the Company declaring the results for such week. The failure to notify the Company within such five (5) day period shall constitute the agreement of the participant that the determination of participant’s points by The Company is accurate and participant shall be deemed to have the number of points determined by the Company even if such determination was in error. Notifications to the Company may be done by clicking on the support tab and then clicking on contact us.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, participants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Participants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize participant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that participant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of The Company or any sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether Maryland or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction other than Maryland. The invalidity of unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as of the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. All claims relating to the contest must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Baltimore County, Maryland, which shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue over such claims.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any participant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
SECOND STREET BIG GAME CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
These Official Rules are for the SECOND STREET BIG GAME CHALLENGE Contest (the "Contest"), which is a nationwide contest (including both the United States and Canada) Sponsored by Second Street Media Inc. ("Sponsor"). Local affiliates who choose to participate in this Contest may offer prizes for their participants only, but eligibility for those prizes may be restricted to individuals in the affiliate's local area.
Contest entries will be accepted until the published close time for each question as posted on the picks page of this website.
This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 states of United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older, and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are of legal age of majority in their province of residence, at the time of entry. Local affiliates may restrict eligibility for affiliate prizes; eligibility for local affiliate prizes will be posted on the local affiliate's website. Employees of Sponsor and participating affiliates (the "Promotion Parties"), and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and households of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win a prize. This contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Select your answer to each of the questions asked and submit a guess for the final score of the game as well.
If the game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
The participant with the highest total score at the end of the night will be deemed the winner.
In the event of a tie for a prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the winner will be chosen randomly among those tied with the most points and lowest Score Approximation.
Limit one (1) entry per person.
First place overall is a Weber Q200 LP Gas Grill, with a retail value of approximately $200 and sponsored by Second Street.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence (a resident of AL or NE who is 18 years of age) will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or he name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out- of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website's terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
7. WINNERS: For a list of national winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Second Street Media, Inc., 1017 Olive Street, St. Louis, MO, 63101, Attn: BIG GAME CHALLENGE Contest Winners List. Requests must be received by March 15, 2018.
This contest is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc., 1017 Olive Street, St. Louis, MO, 63101.
© 2018 Second Street Media, Inc.
The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.