Facebook Fan of the Month Contest Rules
Congratulations Kristi D. of Webster!
WHAM / FACEBOOK FAN OF THE MONTH
FACEBOOK JUDGING AND VOTING OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Facebook Fan of the Month
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WHAM
Station Address: WHAM, 4225 West Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623
Contest Area: New York Counties: Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne and Yates.
Sponsor(s): Chelsea Hotel
Prize Provider(s): Chelsea Hotel
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: May 15, 2017 to June 21, 2017
Entries Due: 11:59 PM EDT on May 31, 2017
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per IP address total.
Photo Topic: Photo of Self
Judging Criteria: 50% content and 50% compelling nature of story.
Finalist Selection Date: June 2, 2017
Number of Finalists Based on Judging Results: Ten (10)
Total Number of Finalists: Ten (10)
Online Voting Period: 12:00 AM EDT on June 5, 2017 to 11:59 PM EDT on June 19, 2017
Number of Winners Based on Voting Results: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1)
Winner Section Date: June 21, 2017
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) winner will receive two (2) night’s accommodation for four (4) including one room, in Chelsea accommodation, at the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto plus hotel self-parking and one (1) deluxe buffet breakfast for four (4) in Market Garden. The cash value of the prize is $750 U.S. dollars. No cash back on any unused amount. Winner is responsible for their own transportation, other parking, other meals, gratuities, and any other expenses. All prize items are valid until December 30, 2017. Blackout dates apply: July 14-24, Aug 4-5, Sept 8-16, 18-22 and 26-27, Oct 4-5 and 17-18 and Dec 31. Reservations must be made at least one month in advance by calling Chelsea Hotel, Toronto reservations specialist (details contained on certificate). Winner must refer to the reference number on the prize certificate at time of reservation. Reservation is subject to room availability and must be redeemed by the expiration date. The certificate cannot be exchanged for a subsequent date once booked. All prize certificates must be used in the same time period. Expiration date cannot be extended. Parking is underground not affiliated with any other parking lots. Reservations for dining in Market Garden are not necessary. Winner is solely responsible for ensuring their compliance with all applicable rules and regulations regarding entry into Canada and re-entry in to the United States.
Station’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/13wham
Station’s Website: www.13wham.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://13wham.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, Facebook users can log on to the Station’s Facebook Page, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, upload your photograph of the Photo Topic, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria.
2. On the Finalist Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Finalists with the highest score(s) based on the criteria set forth above.
1. During the Online Voting Period, viewers will be prompted to vote on the Station’s Facebook Page for the Contest. Online Voting is limited to one (1) vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
2. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
How to Win
The Number of Winners will be determined at the end of the Online Voting Period based on the Finalist(s) photograph with the highest number of valid votes received, as determined by Station, in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries (including photographs) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photographs) become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that he/she owns the photograph submitted, (ii) the photograph does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the photograph complies with all of requirements of the Photo Topic, (iv) the photograph has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) he/she agrees to the terms and conditions located at the Station’s Website Terms and Conditions. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. Prizes are subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and do not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider’s expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of winner’s notification.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.